SMILE because...

Your day goes the way the corners of your mouth turn.

Monday, June 18, 2012

When You're Not Paying Attention

You Find This...
Yes, that is an entire dozen eggs cracked into a bowl, garnished with baby carrots. 
You may turn your head and gag now, I'll wait.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

I'm not sure how I missed the carton of eggs leaving the kitchen. But somehow, I did. So Joseph and Everlit, who I thought were playing nicely together in their rooms, made this hideous creative little dish.
But how do you get mad at these two faces??
I mean, seriously. I couldn't.
So I just took pictures.

Anyway.
While I'm here I might as well give a little update since it's been another century since my last post. 
Jopes and I are both in school this semester, each going part time. We rotate classes and being home with the kids in the mornings, and then he goes to work an hour or two after we're done. He's working full time, so we don't get to see him nearly as much as we'd like, but we're grateful for the time we do get to spend together. 
We've somewhat recently moved to a different place of abode. It's very nice, and we like it a lot. We've got more space, a little yard, a small garden area, and a nice shed for storage. It's wonderful. We just miss our good friends back in Green Gables and the ward.
Joseph is 3 and Everlit will be 2 come the beginning of August. I can't believe they are getting so old! They are the best though. Joseph loves the Avenger cartoons lately and has a fantastic imagination. He has a shield made out of a frisbee and helmet that he uses to play Captain America. He uses the tray from our baby Bumbo as a hammer when he's playing Thor, and just overall loves to re-enact and make up scenes as his favorite super heros. Today we took him to Seagull Book and got him a couple of the Book of Mormon hero action figures. It's been nice to see him playing with them, too.
Everlit loves books lately. It was neat when my parents and Andrew came to visit for the Bill Cosby show, and she just sat and rocked with my daddy and had him read to her, book after book after book. I think my dad really enjoyed it too.

I'm in the middle of coordinating Walgreen's team efforts for Relay for Life. It's the American Cancer Society's annual fundraising event. Even though it sounds like a running event, it's actually more like a carnival, and it's pretty fun. Our team will be selling fresh made scones and doughnuts, with chili, hotdogs and hot chocolate as well. It'll keep us very busy at the event, so I'm hoping we have all our helpers there! If you're interested in making a donation to the American Cancer Society, you can go to my Relay page to do so. Sorry for that plug. Couldn't help myself.
Also on my mind are the two family reunions we have coming up as soon as the semester is over. The first is the Jamison one. Becca and I are in charge of choreographing and picking a song for the whole family to make a fun video to. It should be fun, though interesting to see what we can come up with during the rest of the semester. The second reunion is all of my parents and siblings (and hopefully some extended family as well) at a cabin. Steven and I (and all the other siblings via input) will be planning it and it should be a fun family gathering. I'm excited. Lots of big projects though, it's hard to stay focused on just one for too long. I do have to focus most on school though, for another month.
Our lives are so blessed. I am the luckiest wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I really think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers